The data controller for all personal data collected via this website is Oddies Textiles with its registered office at Unit 3 Bank House, Greenfield Road, Colne, Lancashire, BB8 9NL. This means that we are responsible for deciding what data we collect and how we hold and use your personal data. We will implement appropriate data security measures for protecting the data from unauthorised access and loss, as laid out in the Security section of this Policy.
Oddies Textiles collects and maintains a variety of personally identifiable information, including names, email addresses, phone numbers, payment information, business addresses. Oddies Textiles collects information directly from individuals or from the parent companies of the individuals. The information could be collected through e-mails, phone calls, online registration forms, account application forms and face to face meetings. Oddies Textiles does not collect personal data about individuals except when there is a legitimate business requirement or when such information is provided on a voluntary basis.
Purpose of Processing
The personal data collected is used by Oddies Textiles to contact you when necessary and to give you information in relation to our products and special offers. Oddies Textiles may perform statistical analyses of user behaviour and characteristics to measure interest in and the use of various sections of the website.
If you are no longer or have never been a customer of Oddies Textiles, you can choose to opt in or out of further contact with us.
The personal data collected is stored in Oddies Textiles CMS system and other appropriate data management systems, both paper based and electronic. Personally identifiable information will not be disclosed to any third party unless permission has first been obtained from the users with the exception of overdue debt collection purposes. The data will not be transferred to any agency located outside the EU. At regular intervals, we will:
- Review the length of time we keep your personal data for
- Consider the purpose or purposes for which we hold your personal data for in deciding whether (and for how long) to retain it
- Securely delete information that is no longer needed for that purpose or those purposes
- Update, archive or securely delete information if it goes out of date
Oddies Textiles uses reasonable measures to safeguard personally identifiable information. The implemented measures will be appropriate to the type of information maintained and compliance with all relevant legislation governing protection of personal information. Measures are implemented to preserve the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the personal information. We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to only those employees, contractors or agents who have a legitimate business need to have access to that data. The employees, contractors or agents will process your personal data in accordance with our instructions. They will be subject to a duty of confidentiality and due care with respect to handling the personal data. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so. Oddies Textiles employees are trained on data security and information protection. Relevant areas of the Oddies Textiles website will employ Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”) or Transport Layer Security (“TLS”) encryption technology to enhance data privacy and help prevent loss, misuse, or alteration of the information collected and retained by Oddies Textiles.
We will only pass your details on to third parties if it becomes necessary to do so for the purpose of overdue debt collection.
Oddies Textiles for legitimate business interests, maintains contact information on its customers and the wider business community in order to communicate information on our services and updates. Oddies Textiles also sends bulk emailings via Mailchimp of new lines, special offers and stock updates. If you do not wish to receive marketing material, you may opt out. Every marketing e-mail will include an 'unsubscribe' link at the bottom. You may also notify Oddies Textiles in writing as set out below.
Some customers have begun to use third party provided tools such as Whatsapp to contact us. If you send us a private or direct message via social media the message may be stored by the provider of the method you use. Like other personal data, these direct messages will not be shared with any other organisations.
Access, Review and Correction
The General Data Protection Regulations gives you the right to access your personal data held by us (“subject access request”). If you have an established business relationship with Oddies Textiles, you may request from us a list of the categories of personal information held about you. Subject access requests must be made in writing to the details below. We will endeavour to respond to the request within a reasonable period and in any event within one month as required by the relevant provisions in the GDPR.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. We will take all reasonable measures to ensure that the personal data we hold about you is accurate. When you make a request to access or review the personal data we hold about you, we will request you to verify your identity before the request can be fulfilled.
In addition to the rights of access, review and correction, you have the right to object to your personal data being processed for any particular purpose, or to request that we stop using your information. If you wish to exercise these rights, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or send a letter marked "Data Protection" to the Oddies Textiles offices at Unit 3 Bank House, Greenfield Road, Colne, Lancashire, BB8 9NL. If you have further concerns about how we use your personal data, you also have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the data protection authority for the UK. Please visit https://ico.org.uk/ for more details on your data protection rights and how to contact them.
Harmless cookies that are designed to enhance your user experience of this website are stored on your device. These consist of small data files relating to you and this website.
Information stored in cookies created by Oddies Textiles are not shared with any third party unless required to do so by law.
By continuing to browse this website you are consenting to the storage of its first party cookies on your device; and to the processing of data about you in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
The first party cookies used by this website include (but may not be limited to):
The first party cookies used by this website include (but may not be limited to):
- __utma: Google Analytics cookie that refers to the number of times you have visited our website and the first and the last visit times.
- __utmb and __utmc: Google Analytics cookies that contain timestamps of time you enter and leave our website.
- _utmt used to throttle the request rate and expires after 10 minutes.
- _utmv used by Google Analytics to identify a visitor.
- __utmz: Google Analytics cookie that tracks which search engine you have used to come to this website, which keyword(s) you used to find the website, which link(s) you have clicked on within the website and where you were located when you clicked that link.
- uuid: generates a unique user identity number for each visitor.
- SID: A Google cookie that is used as your unique identification for services provided by Google.
- PREF: A Google cookie that is used to protect you from malware and phishing attacks and maintain language preferences on Google websites.
- alc_enc If you check "Remember email and password for next time" a cookie "alc_enc" is set
- NID: A Google cookie that stores preferences referring to a particular website.
- PHPSESSID: To store a simple message when a form is submitted that can be displayed on a different page. For example, if an enquiry form is completed incorrectly, a message will be stored and presented to the user to indicate the errors in the submission.
- ASPSESSIONID*: stores your session ID every time you go on our website.